Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Manna Monday (On a Tuesday!)

I am the biggest slacker-blogger of all time, right?
I know.

But I am still not going to apologize for it.

I feel like people always apologize when their readers expected something from them and they didn’t deliver (such as me not posting yesterday for Manna Monday).

But here’s the thing: This blog is just a place for me! So, dear readers, though I love you a lot…if I mess up and don’t post when I’m supposed to or don’t post near as frequently as I would like, I won’t apologize!

I am tempted to feel guilty, but I don’t want to feel guilt over something that is supposed to be recreational and fun (this blog!)

So thanks for sticking around even when I don’t fulfill all of my expectations for myself.

And for accepting my *non* apology!:)

Whew!

Now that that’s out of the way, I DO have a Manna Monday post for you.

And here it is:

Recently, we had a big change in our household.

Things shifted, and it felt like everything was different. Because it was.

As a result, I realized that I was worrying excessively.

The type of worry that keeps you up at night concerned about a person, though from where you are in your bed, there is nothing you can do to help that person.

Except pray.

Which is really what got me thinking.

Why is it SO hard for us to not worry?

We are instructed not to worry in the Bible…

“Matthew 6:
25"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? 26Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life[b]?
28"And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? 31So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' 32For the unbelievers run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

My favorite portion of that text is where it says: “Do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

It really is a reminder to simply focus on the here and now.

And trust the Lord for the rest!

If I would just have the smallest amount of faith that who He said He was He really was, and what He said He would do He would really do, then why would I have to worry at all?

I need to believe that God is going to supply ALL of my needs, so what am I doing worrying?

“Needs” aren’t only physical, mind you.

“Needs” are ANYTHING that is a need at the time.

So what in the world am I worried about?

Instead, I need to just turn it over to Him.

And Trust.

I know He always has my best interest in mind, so why do I even bother worrying? Yes, sometimes that ‘best interest’ can be painful, but is there not always a purpose for pain?

Can we not grow from it?

Do we not become changed by it?

So again, I remind myself: “Why worry?”

The Lord knows my life and the plans for it…so I need to just let it go….



StatCounter