Saturday, August 28, 2010

They Said, I Said

So you all remember me telling you all about 5 important things to know about me, right? Right? I know you are ALL such AVID readers that you never would've missed out on this post. (But just in case you were on your death bed the day I posted that and didn't get a chance to read it, here it is. It simply explains a little about how I became hearing impaired.)

Anyway.

So, just tonight I was out in the kitchen singing my little heart out.

All of a sudden, I hear Brandon yell from the other room: "Those are NOT the lyrics."

So I decided to compile a whole list of words of lyrics that I know of that I have messed up on.

Enjoy... I have entitled it: They Said, I Said.


They said: “Oh I swear, the world better prepare, for when I'm a billionaire.”

I said: “Oh I swear, Happy the Bear!, for when I’m a billionaire.”

(Brandon says: “Happy the Bear? What does that have to do with being a billionaire?

Me: “You know, I was kinda wondering how that made sense…”



They said: “Hot like Mexico, Mexico.”

I said: “Hot like Master Kova, Master Kova.”

(Brandon says to me: “Who the crap is Master Kova? Do you even know what you are singing about??”)



They said: “Oh let’s do it! Oh let’s do it!”

I said: Ole do it! Ole do it!

(Brandon says: “We are not at a fiesta. They are not saying ‘Ole’!”)



They said: “You’re like a candy store, and I’m a toddler.”

I said: “You’re like a candy store, and I’m a condo!

(Brandon says: A condo? Really, you think she’s calling him a condo?

My response: Well, it’s not any better than calling him a toddler.

Brandon: You have a point.)


All I have to say is this: It is NOT my fault that I cant hear the lyrics right. I am half-deaf.

Therefore, you cannot judge me for ACTUALLY thinking my lyrics were the correct ones. Even if they don't make sense at all.

StatCounter