Friday, September 3, 2010

My Three Year Anniversary!

On Wednesday? I celebrated my marriage to my wonderful husband of 3 years.

That morning? I woke up and felt like a mack truck slammed into my head. It was wonderful.

However, I was determined to think about how magical my wedding day was.

I was doing great, people.

Focusing on the happiness.

Focusing on the memories.

Focusing on how handsome my husband looked, etc.

But then? I remembered I had to go to work. YYYAYYYYYYAYYYYYY.

Ok, not yay. BOOOOO. Real life sucks. Who can agree with me that the real world should stop when anniversaries come up??

Anyway.

I went to work, it was grand and great, right?

So then, on the way home I decided I was going to stop at the grocery store to pick up a few items for the big ol anniversario.

Excellent.

I pull in, excited that I am done with work and about to go see my ravishingly handsome husband of THREE YEARS!

I step out of the car and …..SQUASH.

I look down and to my utter amazement and *joy* I stepped in a huge, monstrous pile of puke that someone so kindly left in the parking lot.

FOR REAL???

Was it not just a week ago that I discovered the ‘paraphernalia’ in my garbage can????

How is this possible? My life is ridiculous. I really don’t know how these things keep happening to me. And on my anniversary of all days!

So I walk into Meijer and immediately go to the sanitizing wipe station where you can sanitize your cart.

I am picking out chunks of puke out of the ridges of my sandal with the sani-wipe and trying not to puke myself.

All the while I am PANICKING because I am a major germ-a-phobe. I am convinced that today? I am going to pick up hepatitis. On my anniversary, I will become diseased.

I start sanitizing even more.

Finally, I get all of the puke off my sandal, and then go to the bathroom to really scrub down what the sani-wipes didn’t get off.

Then I can go shopping.

I pick up my items and return home.

At this point, the anniversary turned around (Praise the Lord!)

My husband had really romantic plans and I remembered all the reasons why I felt so amazing on my wedding day 3 years ago. The man is incredible!

But then? I spill a glass of water on my husband’s new i-phone which his grandmother just purchased for him.

I? Started bawling because I knew how excited he was about the phone and I thought I ruined it.

Good news is, it wasn’t damaged, so after I got done having a sob-fest, the anniversary went nicely again.

We ate Vietnamese food, delicious ice cream, and spent quite the romantic evening together.

And the best part is, our celebration is going to continue this weekend.

So even though I woke up with a headache, had to work, stepped in a pile of puke, and almost ruined my husband’s zillion dollar phone??? I loved my anniversary.

My husband? Is the best ever.

I? Am the luckiest woman on earth because of the amazing man I married. Even if outside my marriage, my luck seems to suck.




Us on our wedding day. Have I mentioned I love this man??:)


StatCounter